Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Cost of Following Christ

There is a price to pay when one follows Christ. Sometimes we don't see it as clearly in North America, as we might in other countries. There are those, in the U.S. who have had to pay a price to follow Christ.
The national church president of the Alliance church of Burkina Faso sent me an email, asking me if I might be able to help a man who has recently put his faith and trust in Jesus Christ from a very orthodox sect of his former religion. He has been on the pilgrimmage, and obviously took his former religious life quite seriously. As a result, he has lost most everything. He is married to two wives and has 10 children. His wives have lived 35 years without going to market, as this is the "way" of this particular religious group.
I am asking God to show me what we should do to best help this man get back on his feet. I hope you will join me in praying for this man and that the Lord will strenghten him and provide for the needs of his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment