Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Prayer Changes People

You never know when a simple prayer will change the life of someone.

When I returned from my most recent trip, Amy said to me, "You know that pizza delivery guy you prayed for after he was robbed? (Actually I didn't really remember it too well). Well, he just delivered some pizzas while you were gone and he said he is now walking with the Lord." How cool is that?

In February, I made a protocol visit to a person fairly high up in government. When I entered with a man who had set up the meeting, this government official proceeded to tell us all of his problems. When he had finished, I told him that I couldn't resolve his problems, but that I would be happy to pray for him, which he accepted. After we left, he called my friend who had set up the meeting and told him how much the prayer had meant to him.

I'm going to take more opportunities to pray with people for their needs. What's the risk?

1 comment:

  1. As C.S. Lewis said, all he knows is that the more he prays, the more "coincidences" happen. Keep it up! Rick Stein

    ReplyDelete