Thursday, October 22, 2009

Catching Up

It has been a couple of busy weeks since I last wrote something here. You should see a flurry of entries here over the next couple of days. There's a lot of good stuff happening.

I just spent 3 days with church leadership visiting 3 of our districts and their pastors. I always enjoy these trips, not only because I get all of the African food I can eat and which I enjoy, but also because:

1. I get to hear stories of what God is doing.

2. I get to spend time dreaming with church leadership about what God is leading in.

3. It opens my eyes to matters that need prayer.

Once again, I came away from this trip, blessed. God is at work. Here are a couple of examples.

One of our districts organizes a bike rally each year, where all of the young men are invited to join in biking together from village to village. They stop in each village, begin singing, a crowd gathers, and someone preaches a Gospel message. An invitation is given at the end, and if people respond, a couple of the bikers remain behind to follow up. And so it goes for a week. Here are the results from this year's rally - 115 bikers, 56 villages, 1 week, covering 4 districts, with over 200 people publicly stepping forward to receive salvation!

In one village, a young boy had come to faith and his family had rejected him. The church took him in and has been caring for him and covering his school costs. This is not so unusual, especially for those coming from certain faiths.

The former District Superintendant in one district, finished his mandate and then asked for the hardest village to be assigned to. This older pastor could have taken the easy route, but he, like Caleb, asked for the hard assignment. He is seeing good results, with over 70 people in this church re-plant.

Each district has registered new villages opened to the Gospel in the past year. They are on the move.

I can't wait to find the time to write a couple more posts. Be encouraged. Keep praying.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us posted; I am so stoked for all that you are doing!

    ReplyDelete