Monday, July 20, 2009

Expecting God

"What do you want me to do for you?" is the question that Jesus asked blind Bartimaeus (Mark 10:51. How would you answer that question if He asked you? I'm not sure which thing I would choose. To Bartimaeus it was quite obvious - "Rabbi, I want to see". I love the way it is written in verse 50 when Bartimaeus is invited by Jesus to draw close and it says, "Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus". Bartimaeus was "expecting" something. He anticipated that things were going to change that day. Jesus told him that his faith had made him well. "Immediately" (one of Mark's favorite words) Bartimaeus regained his sight.

I believe that we are called to be people of expectation. As we go back to Burkina Faso, I want to be expecting God to bring change to my life, to others lives, and to situations around. I want to be ready, like Bartimaeus, to "jump to my feet and come to Jesus". What are you expecting?

No comments:

Post a Comment